Feb 26, 2012

The chickens are outside!

The Layers have finally made it out of the garage brooder. No one is happier than my sister in law who has graciously allowed her children to raise our chickens for us since Dec. 9th. The kids are still raising them, just outside in the garden area. I built a shelter that will become our brooder once we move it out to the farm. Building this with the move in mind was certainly a challenge and I would have done a lot of things differently if I was building it in its permanent location.



Rhode Island Red


Buff Orpington


Barred Rock


Golden Laced Wyandotte





Our daughter Sarah is truly in love with the chickens, and it's always a challenge getting her out of the coop.




I wish I could get her to zip up her coat 
The smile tells it all


5 comments:

  1. Can your child zip up her own coat? If she can, then I would ask her to zip the coat up and if she doesn't then you should do it for and if she can't zip her own coat then you'd need to do it for her anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this was a 55 degree day last feb.

      Delete
    2. You said that you "wish she would zip up her coat", thats why I was asking ;).

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Child seems to be enjoying herself though which is good to see :).

    ReplyDelete